Thursday, May 24, 2007

welcome and first impressions

hi,

Welcome to my blog! I'll be using this space to record my random thoughts about the use of various technologies in support of the work I do as a librarian. I'm excited to finally learn about blogs (I'm feeling very behind the times on all of this!). I'm seeing interesting possibilities for using blogs for classes - for collaborative work, for "production" of work. I should probably be concerned (or at least thinking about) what it means to host student work on a non-university server?? I would like to also experiment with creating blogs that can be restricted to specific groups, but owned collectively.

I'm intrigued by Katy's link to a library that's using a blog for their website. I really appreciated Venta's comments about being a learner again - as a novice user of blogs this is a good opportunity to think about our novice users of library databases, and what happens (or not!) when frustration sets in! I love how visually interesting some of our librarian blogs are - I would really like to learn (finally) more about using images.

more later!

No comments: